Here is how to make your own Paleo Fruit Tart!
( Crust )
– 1 cup almond butter
1- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 3/4 cup walnuts
-2 tablespoons coconut butter or
coconut cream concentrate
– 5 eggs whisked
– 1/3 cup honey
-1/3 cup coconut oil
– juice of 4 lemons
– 2 cups of fruit of your choice
- Place all the ingredients for the crust into a food processor or blender and mix until sand like.
- Press the crust ingredients into 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Place into fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat, add the eggs, honey, coconut oil and lemon juice while whisking. Stir until blended and has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the fridge 20 minutes.
- Take both out of fridge and spread the topping over the crust. Then top with any fruit you like.
- Lastly, eat up!
I found this recipe on a really helpful website called PaleOMG. I have tried a few of their recipes, and I may now be addicted. I brought my fruit tart to a dinner party, and everyone loved it! Since my friend’s family consists of an executive chef and a pastry chef, this was not a small accomplishment. No one could tell that the tart was made with alternative, non processed ingredients like many others. I highly recommend this recipe!